martes, 28 de febrero de 2023

BONUS 001 - 2nd ANNIVERSARY

 

BNS001  (pw: Shade'sVintageRadio) 


Today, is the 28th of February (last day of the month). And it so happens that two years back on this very day Shade's Vintage Radio was born. Our very first Anything, Anywhere, Anytime let itself be heard, or so I wished as, to be honest, I thought my dear friends and me were the only ones aware of that. It all began for the extreme love I have of music, especially 50s (with all its different styles, sounds and sights). Somehow, the idea translated what used to be our norm as friends, meaning "get together" and sharing this love and knowledge of sounds that made us go nuts. But as we grew older with families of our own, jobs and distance we started losing our frequent "get-togethers". How I missed (still do) those long gone days of just enjoying music in the company of good friends. So, there you have it, as the proverbial phrase goes: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade", I decided to create Shade's Vintage Radio to cover that loss. And, lo and behold, it has worked out fine. To my surprise, not only were my lifelong friends "gathering" together one more time, though in the distance, but also I have had the immense satisfaction that, thanks to the internet many newcomers have jumped on the bandwagon, and are participating in what once used to be a private, exclusive, friends only activity. 

Shade's Vintage Radio, became an extension of my daily music home listening activity, increasing its production with The Sky's The Limit; Saturday Night At The Movies; Shade's Vintage Radio Special and lately It's Only Make Believe (I do have other ideas in mind, but I just don't have the time, maybe if I finally get my retirement!). I would like to take the opportunity to thank every one of you out there, who have decided to stop by and check out the blog. Most importantly, I would like to extend my gratefulness to those who have taken their precious time to dedicate a few words both in open and private conversations. I wish you all well and hope that future programmes will continue to be of your pleasure and liking. This is the power of music and the magic of the internet, what started out to be a small gathering (in the distance) of old friends, has increased its power by welcoming new friends, where we all share our love for music. Let's not forget, "Without music, life would be a mistake. 

Take care,
Shade.

2 comentarios: